SONO-Ex GS1: The humidity probe for heterogeneous bulk materials
The SONO-Ex GS1 humidity probe consists of an aluminum housing with a PEEK window. The probe is connected to the electronics housing in which the TRIME TDR transmitter is located.
This generates a high-frequency TDR pulse with 1 GHz.
The TDR pulse travels along the waveguide of the probe and creates an electromagnetic field around the probe in the material. The transit time of this pulse is measured with a resolution of one picosecond (1 × 10-12) to determine humidity and conductivity.
With the relatively large probe dimensions and the large measuring field, the SONO-Ex GS1 is ideally suited for heterogeneous bulk goods such as wood chips, pellets, pasta and similar materials.
The humidity probe is built into e.g. containers, material hoppers or screw conveyors.
- The large measuring field with a volume of 5 liters ensures a representative and precise measurement of even coarser, inhomogeneous materials
- You can save up to 15 different, individual material calibration curves directly in the probe
- The probe configuration for different applications is self-explanatory and simple
- Signal processing and evaluation with intelligent filter algorithms are integrated in the probe
- Additional evaluation devices are not required
- Thanks to the radar technology and the disc-shaped radar scan, the measurement is extremely reliable